Retroceder   Foros de ellos nunca lo harían > COMUNIDAD > Chorradas, tonterías y más

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo 25-08-2006, 23:20:10
Predeterminado

<span class="postbody"><span style="font-style: italic;">fuckerest</span><br /><br />That was cool<br /><br />And We don't spell english badly, it's anglo's fault. Because we all (the non english speakers, wherever we were) understand ourselves when we speak, are the gringos and the guiris the only ones who doesn't understand us.</span>
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 25-08-2006, 23:36:33
Admin
Predeterminado

CNL, listening comprehension and oral exams were the hardest part for me too, but you're unfortunate rather than fortunate that you weren't tested in that field, because there's nearly no point in learning a language if you're not going to be able to speak it. Even when I understand that you're talking about your compulsory English studies in the school, so maybe you cared more about passing than about getting useful knowledge.

<p>But nowadays everybody should learn English --and that's a good thing. If spoken English is hard for you I recommend you, aside from travelling to (standard) English-speaking countries --which I myself haven't done--, to watch TV in English. What helped me most during years was BBC World (although it's not free any longer here in Spain since it upgraded to digital signal and it comes via satelite), but you may choose what you like best. I even used to watch Cartoon Network in English, although most cartoon characters speak English which is far from standard. :-P
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 26-08-2006, 00:28:32
Predeterminado

Well, if you can write english properly you'll probably be able to have a* conversation with an english guy... they'll understand you, although they'll probably laugh at your pronunciation*xD
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 26-08-2006, 00:34:05
Predeterminado

<p>I was lucky because I would felt nervous if I would have to do an oral exam. I don't know if I'm good at speaking english, but I prefer not to do that kind of exams, although we read some texts in the class.</p>
<p>I'm going to say what I have said a lot of times... english language should be the official language of all the countries in the world. We can have spanish as the co-official language too, but I think we need to learn english at the same level. </p>
<p>:-P</p>
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 26-08-2006, 00:40:28
Predeterminado

i was wondering when were you gonna say it!!* xDDD
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 26-08-2006, 00:51:54
Moderador
Predeterminado

I knew you were going to say that again CNL, i don't agree with you but everybody has the right to say whatever they want...<br />On the speaking part, i think i'm good in pronunciation, but sometimes it's hard for me to express in english (most of all when i'm writing) but... everything in life is about practice
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 26-08-2006, 05:18:40
Uploader
Predeterminado

i hate u cnl xD spanish is the most beautiful language ever!, the only reason why english is .... almost a need, is 'cause USA is taking over the world xD at least in a commercial way.<p>

what else..?... i was going to say something... ah!, the pronunciation, it is ridiculous to pretend that someone could pronounce another language different of their own perfectly, it's just not gonna happen. You'll always talk "weird" to the people that has english as first language. And besides, the important thing about learning it, is to make yourself understood rather than reaching perfection. I learned watching cartoons in english and looking for the translation of the lyrics for the songs that i liked, so i got to a point where i understood what i heard or read, in fact i don't know exactly the grammar, the rules and all that, i just speak or write however it sounds right for me.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 26-08-2006, 13:19:57
Predeterminado

<p>Echi, good method.</p>
<p>I think the problem (at least, here in Spain) is the english level on schools. I remember my english classes, really bored while listening my teacher giving stupid lessons... pathetic. In fact, I've learned more by playing video-games (reading all parts of the story) and singing songs.</p>
<p>Other reason I think is be used to english idiom since your childhood. It creates the need to learn more and more, getting hypnotized when you hear anything in english. People that didn't have it instiled, now hate it.</p>
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 27-08-2006, 08:16:47
Predeterminado

<p>I don't think English is the universal language because of the USA. It has something to do with it but not everithing. If you think about it for a minute, you would realise that english is one of the easiest languages to learn. On the other hand, Spanish for example is a very difficult one. </p>
<p>*If you want to learn a language for the future.........Chinese would be a great choice. In a few years it'll be a very useful skill which is going to be very important. China is a very powerful country now, and it's growing really fast!. The problem is that Chinese is a very difficult one.......so, it'll be hard to learn it.</p>
<p>I don'k now, I think english is great to express feelings. There are excellent ways in english to express amusement, sadness, happiness, beauty, and so much other things......and with only one sentence you expressed a lot!. In spanish you need to tell a lot*more to give the same idea!.</p>
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo 27-08-2006, 12:41:05
Uploader
Predeterminado

I agree with Echi, I think Spanish is a beautiful language, and... well, I don't think that it's easier to express yourself in English, because Spanish is a really complete language, and you have specific words to say whatever you feel. <br /><br />You think English is more expressive because their words often are shorter than Spanish ones, and we are used to hear songs in English, but in my opinion that is more a feeling than a fact. That is said by a person who hears a lot of English music and like English very much, too. I love studying languages, it's wonderful now that you can talk to people from many different countries. <br /><br />English is quite useful, and I learned a lot about it playing abandonware :P when I was very, very young (yes, Rafa, when I was young and healthy xDD). I asked my brother the meanings of every word I saw in games like Sid meier's Civilization when I was hardly able to read in Spanish xD
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta